Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive key projects, mentor team members, deal with constantly evolving business needs, and help continuously improve our software systems. You’ll thrive in an engaging, high-growth environment, with a collaborative, learning-focused culture. Our engineers have complete autonomy and independence to innovate.
You’ll be responsible for the effort to build out many of our front-end applications. And you’ll build out a React UI component framework that can be validated by our entire engineering organization.
The Educator and Student Experience team is responsible for the entire user experience after account creation (search and discovery, Q&A, study tools, document management, and more). Along with being responsible for the effort to build out a vast majority of our front-end applications, this role would also include building out a React UI component framework that can be used by the entire engineering organization.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
This is a full-time role located in Redwood City, CA.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Work with PMs and designers to define constraints, and architect elegant solutions to complex problems
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify standard methodologies for architecture, performance, and accessibility
- Drive adoption by mentoring other engineers
- Work independently to plan, estimate, and prioritize tasks
- Proactively communicate updates to partners
- Develop products that help students learn and graduate
Are you our Senior Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years developing web applications that handle sophisticated data requirements and scale gracefully across different browsers and devices
- Experience with React, especially in combination with Typescript, would be a huge plus
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- An appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-informed decisions
- A deep sense of product ownership
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.