Course Hero seeks to be one of the most customer-centric companies in the world. To achieve this ambition, our Research and Design team is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to empathize our users and deliver impactful insights, to ground our current products and inspire the future ones. You are a hands-on researcher with rich knowledge of user needs and behaviors, proven skills to collaborate across teams, and a proven track record of success in implementing user insights into improved user experience. In this role, you will help seek the most ambitious and critical user questions, especially about students and tutors.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, Data Scientists, Engineers and more, to understand our users and define how our products & services can best meet their needs and solve their problems
- Help define and prioritize the user problems we need to solve, as well as ideate and evaluate the solutions by which we solve them
- Synthesize user insights across functions, including research community, Customer Support team, research vendors.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to build and optimize user experiences that meet both user, business and technological needs
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver concise and impactful analyses and presentations
Are you our Senior UX Researcher?
- Have a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Education, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Design, Information Science, Sociology, or equivalent practical experience
- Have 5+ years of professional experience conducting user research for products across web, mobile web and mobile apps. Demonstrate successes of driving measurable business results and customer values through rigorous user insights.
- Transform ambiguous business opportunities and challenges into actionable user research questions, and love to use insights to help identify areas with great potentials for impact.
- Deliver user insights timely during product design and development process, both for crafting brand-new products and for refining existing products
- Have a full range of qualitative research methods, including selecting the most efficient process and methods for a specific product or business situation. Modify and refine existing methods to solve real user problems.
- Communicate neutrally, empathically and comfortably with a broad audience including end users, team members, and executives.
- Have a Master or a Ph.D. degree in a related field to UX research
- Operate autonomously in a fluid, fast paced environment.
- Transform the education landscapes with the latest technologies, and help students graduate, confident and prepared
- Demonstrate specific skills in survey design, experiment design, competitive benchmarking, trend analysis, log analysis, data analysis, data visualization, etc.
- Own research experience in the products related to marketplaces, or micro-learning.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.