Course Hero is scaling! We are on a mission to help students graduate, confident and prepared. To get there, we support college educators and students with course-specific resources and 24/7 online tutoring services, as well as educator community programming and professional development events.
We are looking for a Senior Content Strategist for Events who will plan, promote, and deliver experiential marketing opportunities that drive brand awareness, pipeline generation, community growth, product engagement, and content development. In this role, you will develop the program themes, agendas, and speaker lineups across our live and virtual events, including our annual Education Summit, which attracts thousands of educators from post-secondary institutions around the world.
We are looking for someone who brings a mix of substance, creativity, customer-centricity, and salesmanship to their work.
This is a full-time role located in Redwood City, CA.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Lead annual content strategy for events: Define event themes, programming and content deliverables; drive speaker sourcing, selection, and preparation; and cultivate relationships with speakers and their agents
- Develop promotional content to drive go-to-market and attendee goals for each event; write and edit copy for our event websites, email marketing campaigns, and associated collateral
- Support the development of strategic partnerships with campus Teaching and Learning Centers and scholarly/professional organizations for content collaboration
- Partner with an Educator Advisory Committee to collect feedback on event-related decisions, identify areas for improvement, and cultivate creative ideation across programming decisions
- Contribute to a team spirit that allows for collaboration and cohesiveness, as well as diversity of informed opinion and timely conflict resolution
Are you our Senior Content Strategist for Events?
- 7+ years of proven experience in a content development role, ideally in an experience marketing (events) setting
- 3+ years of experience in writing promotional copy (especially across email, social, and web pages) to drive business metrics
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
- Have deep experience in cross-functional collaboration and can navigate various personalities and business unit dynamics
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, and can travel, as needed
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree (marketing, journalism, comms/PR, or a related field is preferred)
- Familiarity with event marketing strategies and techniques
- Background in education or are knowledgeable of the higher education space
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.