Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, data-driven Lead SEO Product Manager to own key parts of our SEO roadmap. SEO is a key part of our growth strategy - it is in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth. With 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, and an Alexa top ~200 US ranking, we are one of the most visited sites in the world.
In this role, you’ll run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive SEO strategy. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to tackle on-page technical SEO opportunities at scale. You’ll also collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams to ensure your work is aligned with the rest of the company’s strategy and communicate updates to internal stakeholders.
If you enjoy having a major impact at a corporate level while also helping students graduate around the globe, this role is for you!
- Develop, prioritize, and oversee the execution of our technical SEO roadmap alongside dedicated engineers
- Define, monitor and move KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO and product health
- Collaborate with SEO Strategists to develop winning SEO tactics and strategies that maximize the organic search visibility of the product
- Partner with Data Science, Engineering, AI and UX Research to achieve product goals
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
- Run tons of SEO A/B tests, evaluate experiment results and push forward next steps at a rapid pace
- Stay abreast of the SEO landscape, including algorithm updates, best practices, emerging trends, and competitor techniques
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Experience running A/B tests and proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Ability to not only deal with change but to be pushing for change with passion and creative problem-solving
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Botify/DeepCrawl, OnCrawl, SERPmetrics, etc.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing
- Scrum or other agile experience
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.