Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Principal SEO Strategist to help lead and drive our SEO efforts. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to tackle SEO at scale. We have 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, and are an Alexa top ~200 US site.
The SEO team is a key part of our growth strategy. We are a company that understands SEO: It is in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth.
If you enjoy the thrill of increasing rank on hundreds of thousands of keywords and working on millions of pieces of new, unique and SEO-friendly content, this role IS for you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Develop a strategic roadmap that will result in organic traffic growth
- Work with engineering counterparts to make sure strategic direction is being realized, i.e. answer clarifying questions, verify solutions meet the goals
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO health and understand organic search performance
- Perform large-scale keyword research and search market analysis
- Identify SEO best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Evaluate experimental results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs
- Gather and draw insights from data that can help define areas of SEO optimization
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
Are you our Principal SEO Strategist?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Track record of earned business wins through SEO
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action.
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Ability to deal with change, given your passion for innovation and creative problem-solving
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiar with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, DeepCrawl, Botify, etc.
- Experience with SEO A/B testing
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page