Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, data-driven Head of SEO Product Management to own key parts of our SEO roadmap. SEO is a key part of our growth strategy - it is in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth. With 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, and an Alexa top ~200 US ranking, we are one of the most visited sites in the world.
In this role, you’ll run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive SEO strategy. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to tackle on-page technical SEO opportunities at scale. You’ll also collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams to ensure your work is aligned with the rest of the company’s strategy and communicate updates to internal stakeholders.
If you enjoy having a major impact at a corporate level while also helping students graduate around the globe, this role is for you!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Develop and oversee the execution of a multi-year product-focused SEO roadmap alongside dedicated engineers
- Develop and oversee the execution of off-page SEO roadmap, including Link Building, Paid and Reputation Management
- Define, monitor and move KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO and product health
- Execute against forecast goals to grow traffic and revenue from different organic channels
- Partner with Data Science, Engineering, AI and UX Research to achieve product goals
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health
- Run tons of SEO A/B tests, evaluate experiment results and push forward next steps at a rapid pace
- Stay abreast of the SEO landscape, including algorithm updates, best practices, emerging trends, and competitor techniques
- Develop, grow, and retain a team of world-class SEO Product and Program Managers
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs
Are you our Head of SEO Management?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of SEO experience with a proven track record of innovative SEO strategies & managing SEO projects
- 3+ years of people management in SEO
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Ability to articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Experience running A/B tests and proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Ability to not only deal with change but to be pushing for change with passion and creative problem-solving
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Botify/DeepCrawl, OnCrawl, SERPmetrics, etc.
- Successfully managed a team of engineers, designers and data scientists
- Experience with SEO A/B testing
- Experience with user-generated content
- Experience with SQL
- Scrum or other agile experience
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Game night, Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page