Course Hero is scaling! This is an opportunity to combine leadership, use technical insight, and embrace product design thinking. This role reports to our Engineering Director, as well as run and mentor a team. Working with our product, SEO analysts, and other engineering leaders, the Senior Engineering Manager - SEO will help our team improve not only efficiency but also engagement.
This is a high visibility and impact role as your work will have a direct impact on the company’s revenue. This role requires an eye for business, a focus on SEO principles, and an obsession with data to optimize organic search.
On the technical front, we are migrating our platform to microservices. Join our talented team to build modern apps using React and Go microservices. This is an outstanding and collaborative opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Provide inspirational leadership for our hardworking SEO engineers
- Recruit, hire, and retain elite engineering teams
- Solve business problems with appropriate technical solutions
- Partner in collaboration with product teams to provide insight
- Ensure that development projects have sound technical architecture and make use of appropriate technologies
- Demonstrate grit and break down sophisticated problems into impactful development plans
Are you our Engineering Manager?
- 5+ years leadership or management of a team of software engineers
- Hands-on experience in modern web applications development (willing to work as a full-stack producing manager)
- Passion for the best software development practices
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to achieve big things
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared.
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the Lecture Series Videos