Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition to lead the Talent team at Course Hero. We see you as the strategic business owner of the entire Talent function. We’re looking for a strategic, collaborative, empathetic leader, to inspire and lead a team.
Course Hero has just over 200 team members and is continuing to scale. We’d look to you to lead our Talent Acquisition team to support the accelerated growth we envision over the next few years, in order to meet our strategic company goals. You’d partner with and guide our Department Heads in designing effective hiring plans across the organization while being a true advocate for Course Hero’s Talent Acquisition team.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- A team-oriented individual with ethics and integrity
- Strong leadership principles, including exceptional people management skills, scalable program management, and business and technology expertise
- Ability to influence by building trust and loyalty
- Ability to energize people and teams. This individual must be highly respected by colleagues at all levels of the company
- Ability to build and manage effective and trusting business partner relationships with Hiring Managers
- Develop and launch new recruiting strategies and processes to support company hiring goals
- Ability to uplevel the team/organization while holding them accountable for their commitments
- Demonstrated experience with cost savings strategies surrounding tools and platforms
- Lead, manage and mentor our existing Talent Acquisition team
- Provide career development opportunities, empower Talent Acquisition team members to work autonomously, continue to develop the culture and best practices of the team, and champion Recruiting as a core business practice throughout the company
- Develop our strategy and processes for assessing our core values in each prospective new team member
- Work with People Operations to ensure consistent onboarding practices
- Evaluate and optimize our existing Talent Acquisition processes and best practice
- Ensure our Talent Acquisition processes are aligned with employer brand, diversity & inclusion initiatives and design new initiatives in these areas
Are you our Director of Talent Acquisition?
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in talent acquisition and experience driving talent development initiatives
- 5+ years of being in a leadership role and managing technical and non-technical recruiting teams
- Deep focus on operations, systems, performance metrics, and data analytics
- An understanding of the business and the ability to anticipate the impact of talent on the future success of the company
- Experience building and driving out a company-wide workforce planning model
- Strong track record in building, developing and recruiting high performing teams
- Experience building a distributed workforce
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Problem solver to simplify and streamline processes
- Experience with recruiting tools and systems such as Greenhouse
- Experience leading a Talent Acquisition team in a high growth privately held company
- Understanding of HR and legal best practices
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) program with employer matching
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.