Course Hero is scaling. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join Course Hero. The current shift in education due to the lockdown has resulted in an acute shift in how students learn. As Course Hero is evolving to help students with their new needs, you, as part of the Growth Marketing Pod, will get to help students to get unstuck in their learning journey and engage with our evolving learning platform in a better way.
Our unique collective action framework enables students to subscribe or contribute their own resources to earn a Netflix-like subscription to more than 40 million course materials, tutoring, and support resources.
As an early member of this high priority pod, you’ll be working in a creative, results-oriented team within the company and have the opportunity to help define how we operate.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
This is a full-time role located in Vancouver, Canada.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Partner with product and marketing managers to engineer a solution for driving user acquisition and monetization. For example, you may work on building a scalable solution for sending recommendation emails to users based on their interests.
- Design, implement, test, and improve the systems to support growth marketing efforts such as data instrumentation, 3rd party platform integrations, A/B testing platforms, and program generation tools.
- Improve the performance and reliability of existing features. For example, you may have to improve on existing features for internationalization.
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer?
- Problem solver who can work independently in a high pace environment
- Software engineer who cares deeply about driving business impact via improving user experience
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks and prioritize them based on the needs of the business
- Familiarity with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud technologies is a plus
- Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.