Course Hero is scaling! The new Senior Risk Strategy Analyst will be one the first and key members of the newly formed Trust and Safety team, owning and driving fraud investigations, modeling, detection, and prevention rules. You will be working cross-functionally between Product, Analytics, TechOps, Engineering and Operations to gather information, share learnings, and implement prevention initiatives.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Uncover how fraud works on Course Hero, identify patterns, trends, and connections
- Build models, rule-sets, reports, and other forms of capabilities to proactively detect and mitigate fraud
- Aggregate and synthesize fraud-specific data sources and reports
- Be a key cross-functional contributor to fraud detection, mitigation, and prevention across Product, Ops, Engineering, TechOps, and Marketing
- Investigate all forms of malicious abuse of the platform to better understand
- Utilize third-party vendors to help with fraud detection and mitigation
- 3+ years of work experience in business analytics, product analytics, or risk analytics in B2C companies; across payment, e-commerce, retail, or digital media industries
- A deep understanding of the fraud space with 2+ years of work experience in investigation and exploration of fraud MOs, identifying malicious intent usage, fake accounts, and linked users, utilizing internal and external data sources to identify, investigate, and pinpoint fraud users
- Deep experience in analyzing large datasets using SQL/Python/R or other statistical analysis packages, with focus on identifying outliers and abnormalities in user behavior
- Understanding of and experience in using online fingerprinting data to identify anonymizing and obfuscation mechanisms and fraud scaling methodologies
- Bias towards taking action quickly, making things happen, learning and correcting course as you receive feedback
- Detail-oriented, data-driven problem-solving skills with investigation instincts, uncovering root causes and hidden links from seemingly unrelated signals
- Ability to communicate with a broad set of stakeholders including executives, product leaders, engineering, analytics, and ML experts
- Strong business acumen and business model analysis
- Experience with user generated content (social media posts, user profiles, user comments, user posts on professional job boards, listing boards, etc.)
- Experience using third-party tools for fraud detection, investigation, and monitoring
- Strong technical understanding of network and TechOps
- Experience working with Tableau or other dashboarding tools
- Passion for evolving education to help students graduate
- Quantitative degree or an MBA with quantitative focus
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos