Course Hero is scaling! Course Hero is seeking a proven marketing leader for the VP Brand Marketing position who can build a world class foundation for how we tell a powerful, purpose-driven story to students, educators, tutors and other content providers. You will also craft our combined growth and mission story for potential talent, corporate development, and industry thought leadership.
This executive will work with senior brand and marketing leaders in research and comms as well as top management, to build the Course brand and execute on a high-impact brand strategy. S/he will develop a well-oiled internal and external team operation that creates breakthrough marketing tactics built off of deep consumer insights. Most importantly, in partnership with the Chief Brand Officer, the VP Brand Marketing will be a cultivator of support for marketing’s vision and develop close relationships with the executive leadership team while working cross-functionally with “bet owners” who are building the Course Hero business across students, educators, tutors and other content providers.
This role is a unique opportunity to not only catapult the growth of Course Hero but also to build a dynamic, multifaceted, important brand.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Lead all brand and integrated marketing efforts in collaboration with marketing functions across product, content, growth and revenue teams.including brand strategy, campaign and media planning. Collaborate with campus marketing, content marketing and social marketing, as well as outside agencies/vendors to build a compelling multidimensional and consistent brand presence
- Oversee the development of marketing and strategies designed to establish and elevate the Course Hero brand -- to differentiate the company and optimize our consumer relationships for long term strength
- Own the development and implementation of consumer messages for students, educators, tutors, publishers, potential employees, potential corporate development partners, and other content providers (publishers) -- that speak to each target market, while delivering on foundational brand values, promises, and reasons to believe. Work with all executional teams to pull-through messaging across brand, content, marketing and growth programs, focused on delivering both integrated and personalized connections that will accrue value beyond individual campaigns
- Identify and harness key consumer insights, compelling stories and create awareness and messaging that inspires new consumers as well as consumers that currently use Course Hero -- with the goal of evolving Course Hero into a direct primary consumer destination
- Collaborate with growth and marketing teams to guide paid and owned communication strategy, in partnership with the communications team. Develop a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape and the consumer journey among each of our targets.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual plans (national and go to market brand/content strategy) by month, quarter and year, to increase and elevate Course Hero’s brand awareness with key customer segments and in key markets
- Create alignment with essential internal partners to build and support analytical playbooks, well thought out operational processes and partnership that will highlight achieved brand milestones and critical wins
- Build the internal and external teams to support the strategies for now and for future growth
- Mentor and motivate the team into a well-oiled operation, coach them on how to successfully partner cross-functionally to quickly and efficiently execute on large-scale programs
Are you our next VP of Brand Marketing?
- 15+ years of successfully building consumer and B2B brands, creating a compelling brand message across integrated and innovative media channels, particularly for challenger brands
- Cultivated and led a hyper growth, fast scaling marketing organization through high-growth periods, ideally for consumer technology or a technology-driven consumer subscription/direct-to-consumer business, with a keen element of purpose and mission
- Achieved success in scaling an innovative, modern product or service with a compelling brand and mission driven story that touched a broad and diverse audience
- Thoughtfully hired, mentored and retained a world-class team within a fast-paced, hyper-growth, ever-changing industry
- Track-record of producing and presenting compelling, convincing market data and information to a perceptive and experienced executive leadership team
- Consistently leverages data, analytics, insights and metrics to propel brand strategy and execute compelling marketing programs that deliver measurable value
- Grows and maintains strong dynamics between internal teams and media partners, agencies, studios, networks, producers, digital specialists, and influencers to create a variety of engaging brand experiences successfully
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization and “uplifting others”
- Inspires creative thinking and a “make it happen” mindset at all levels within their organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems
- Education as a former educator, professor, or university leader
- You have experience with B2C or marketplace communities
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos