Course Hero is scaling! We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate Head of SEO Strategy to help drive our SEO efforts. We are tackling SEO at scale - 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ page views/year, 100M+ users/year, Alexa top ~300 US site. In this role, you will hire, manage, and mentor SEO Strategists. You will work with dedicated engineering and AI resources to build solutions at scale.
The SEO team is a key part of our growth strategy at Course Hero. We are a company that understands SEO, it’s in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Develop and oversee the execution of a multi-year organic growth strategy, which includes site architecture, link-building, content quality, and content development
- Develop and execute against forecast goals to grow organic traffic and revenue
- Partner with key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Analytics to execute against our technical SEO roadmap
- Stay on the cutting edge of technical SEO knowledge and skills with experimentation, networking, and collaboration with peers across the industry
- Develop, grow, and retain a team of world-class SEO Strategists
- Lead and inspire a functional team to be: product obsessed, innovative, fast-moving, and team-oriented
- Source, craft, refine, and implement page-level tests to increase traffic and evaluate experimental results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace
- Demonstrate grit and break down complex problems into actionable development plans
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs
Are you our Head of SEO Strategy?
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of SEO experience with a proven track record of innovative SEO strategies
- 3+ years of people management in SEO
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- Solid understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Deep understanding and experience with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Savvy with the following (or similar): SQL, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Excel, Tableau, and Botify
- Expertise working with and managing external vendor/partner relationships including negotiating contracts and terms
- Ability to clearly articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Savvy with SEO A/B testing
- Knowledge with user-generated content
- Proficiency with SQL
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos