Course Hero is scaling! Our design team is looking for an experienced Product Design Leader to help us revolutionize the way that we work with educators and students on our platform. We are developing impactful and long-term relationships with our educators. You are a dynamic, creative, hands-on design leader with deep knowledge of how to understand what people need and then drive engagement and retention. In this role, you will hire, manage, and mentor. You get to create an environment where designers flourish.
Since starting our educator strategy in 2017, we have welcomed 25,000 college educators onto our platform. Course Hero aims to help educators quickly discover teaching resources and new connections to support the development of innovative courses, lectures, assessments, and approaches to teaching. We also look forward to creating new ways for students & educators to interact through our products & services.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Increase the value that we deliver to our educators by leading complex design initiatives that help us better meet their needs
- Partner with our Educator Community and Partnerships, User Research, Analytics, and Data Science teams to understand our educators, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Hire, manage and mentor designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth
- Evangelize our brand
- Help make our educator experience mobile-friendly
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to contribute to our vision, strategy, and roadmaps
Are you our next Director of Product Design?
- 3+ years of managing a design team in a high-growth startup
- 10+ years of leading individual contributor roles designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps
- Track record of using design to produce measurable business results and customer value
- Successfully launched habit-forming products that customers love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- Systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details. Creating & establishing design systems in an open, collaborative, sustainable way
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams and marketers
- Working on products prior to product-market fit; iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration and radical candor
- Thrive in the player-coach mode, guiding the work of other designers while also executing design work yourself
- Outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Designed products powered by Machine Learning and AI
- Designed social network or marketplace products
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared.
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page