Course Hero is expanding to Australia! We are looking for an exceptional Country Manager to be the main driver of our Australian launch team. You will be a key member of our first Australian office and in a unique place to experience firsthand what it means to launch a new country! This position will report into the Director of International Expansion.
Note: This opportunity will be through a local third party agency. This role is not eligible for visa or work permit sponsorship.
The Australian Country Manager will be responsible for Course Hero’s adoption in Australia. You will partner with the Director of International Expansion to create the go-to-market strategy and own the implementation while developing a framework for further country launches.
You will be responsible for launching Course Hero in Australia including local operations, marketing campaigns, brand awareness promotions, group partnerships, social media, community engagement, and other strategic growth initiatives in partnership with HQ teams.
Most importantly you will recruit, manage, mentor, and lead a team of community managers, and partner with them to accomplish growing Course Hero’s reach in Australia.
Ultimately, you are the leader of your region, and you look forward to being obsessed with everything that goes into making it successful. You are skilled at making big decisions, tackling tough problems, and doing whatever it takes to build a community of students who love Course Hero.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Growing Course Hero's user base in Australia
- Selecting, managing, mentoring, and leading a team of 2-3 community managers and student campus representatives
- Supporting and mentoring your team to develop and launch marketing initiatives tailored for each school
- Analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to make key decisions
- Cooperating with HQ teams to get the resources you need, develop best practices and share country-specific learnings
Are you our next Country Manager?
- 4-10 years of experience in an operations, community management, business development, consulting, or marketing role
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable field
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to achieve tangible results
- A love of the Course Hero brand and vision
- A strong history of teamwork, collaboration, leadership, and success
- Incredibly passionate and share our vision of a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared.
- A natural leader and have proven people management experience
- An outstanding communicator who can interact with internally and externally with , marketing partners, educators and our student audience
- Exceptionally hard working, self-sufficient, and goal-oriented
- Highly motivated to solve hard problems and make key decisions that will grow our user base
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that is continually evolving
- Ability to develop frameworks to get to decisions and you do not shy away from taking and executing these
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared! We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
This position will be based in Sydney, Australia