Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a motivated Senior Data Software Engineer to help build our next-generation Data Platform.
You will focus on significant business areas to define, document and build data marts for use by the company, including product managers, data analysts and machine learning engineers. Your work will be critical to guide our product development as they enhance the Course Hero platform. Our ETLs are built primarily using AirFlow with AWS Athena, but may leverage python and Spark, where appropriate.
We recently just launched our Engineering blog! Click here to learn about our engineering goals, our projects and innovations, and our falling forward and growth mindset mentality at Course Hero.
This is a full-time role located in Redwood City, CA.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Work with our teams of data analysts, machine learning engineers and software engineers to develop data marts that provide convenient access to the data for reporting, analysis and machine learning.
- Assist software engineers with schema design as they build out new products and features.
- Collaborate with engineering on query tuning and schema design so we can continue to scale.
- Ensure compliance with the organization's high bar for data quality and modeling standards, across the product and related business areas.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and document administration and response procedures through runbooks & playbooks.
Are you our Senior Data Software Engineer?
- Have a solid understanding of SQL
- Understand schema design and query optimization
- Love to learn new technologies.
- Fluent in Python
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, engineering, or other related fields.
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- MySQL experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.