Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an exceptional Corporate Controller to lead and grow our accounting team. You will be a key business partner to executives across Course Hero in support of the Company’s continuing growth! This position will have 3 direct reports and will directly report to the VP of Finance.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Build, lead and develop a high-performance, high-integrity accounting team
- Own the financial close process and oversee the timely preparation and review of financial statements in compliance with US GAAP reporting standards
- Ensure strong internal systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained
- Manage the annual audit process
- Provide technical accounting guidance and memorandums as needed
- Oversee all tax filings
- Own all stock administration and cap table management, including employee stock compensation and 409a valuations
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and our accounting infrastructure to enable Course Hero’s high-growth business
Are You Our Corporate Controller?
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience including time as a Director of Accounting in a public company
- 5+ years experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Have CPA
- Strong technical accounting background, with the ability to translate accounting guidance to the business
- Experience with complex SEC filings
- Demonstrate process improvement and automation skills
- Proven leader, with a focus on mentoring and developing staff and the ability to partner across the company
- Ability to be both hands-on and strategic as required
- Working knowledge of NetSuite
- Experience with ERP implementation
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page