Course Hero is scaling!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help us build intelligent data products such as semantic knowledge graph, intelligent content linking, semantic search, and recommender engines.
You’ll be a part of the Machine Learning Products team at Course Hero and collaborate cross-functionally to ship intelligent products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. Machine Learning Products are critical to Course Hero’s success, powering many aspects of our marketplace and supporting student-facing use-cases. We are looking for software engineers who will build data applications to solve product problems.
As a senior engineer, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects, collaborate with data scientists, NLP, and ML engineers, and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Course Hero business growth and improve the product experience
- Design data models for optimal semantic storage and intelligent retrieval, and optimize the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements
- Work with other engineering, product, and design teams to gather requirements for data products and build new features and data pipelines with Spark, Kafka, TensorFlow, Neo4j, Elasticsearch/Solr, and other data tools in our stack
- Build prototypes that enable rapid experimentation and user testing of data science algorithms
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Products?
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a software engineer, with a focus on building intelligent data products like knowledge graphs, search and recommender engines.
- You have solid programming skills in Python, Go, or Java.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases like MySQL and also modern NoSQL/Columnar data stores such as Redis, dynamoDB, Neo4j, and Elasticsearch/Solr.
- Experience with Map-Reduce data computing and data pipelining frameworks like Apache Spark, Kafka, Airflow/Glue, and AWS ECS.
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- Exposure to machine learning and natural language processing algorithms and/or experience working with ML/NLP teams in the past.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures