Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer II who can help us build intelligent data products such as Semantic Knowledge Graph, Document Classification and Entity Tagging, and ML-powered Search and Recommender Engines.
You’ll be a part of the ML and Data Product Engineering team and will collaborate cross-functionally to build and ship intelligent products that are used by millions of Students and Educators. Data Products powered by ML are critical to Course Hero’s success, powering many aspects of our marketplace and supporting student-facing use-cases. The key charter for the Data Products team is to build the Semantic Knowledge Graph in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
As a level-II engineer, you’ll be expected to contribute on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Be a self-motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable AI/ML systems end-to-end and embrace full-stack data science
- You will design and develop machine learning and natural language processing algorithms to understand our large document (>30M) and Q&A (>10M) corpus, enrich it with semantic tags, and represent as a large knowledge graph
- You will work alongside experienced engineering, design, and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success, to find the right solution to a problem and ship intelligent products
- You’ll help engineers from other teams to understand and learn about machine learning and help Course Hero be a data driven company
Are you our next Machine Learning Engineer II?
- 3+ years of Machine Learning experience, preferably with a focus on natural language processing, question-answering, semantic search, and recommender systems
- Experience using ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, SpaCY, or Scikit-Learn
- Solid programming skills in Python, Go, or Java
- Experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop
- Masters or PhD in machine learning, computer science, or computational linguistics
Nice to have:
- Deep understanding of algorithms and evaluation methods used in production-grade text understanding, question-answering, and relational learning systems
- Experience with search technologies like Solr, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Extremely passionate about education
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures