Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Educators Pod at Course Hero. Your core team will consist of marketers, analysts, designers, educators, and other engineers. You will lead the effort to build and maintain the growth to effectively acquire and engage educators on our platform. You will also play a key role in launching a new product initiative - an Educator content marketplace.
As an early member of this high priority pod, you’ll be working in a scrappy, entrepreneurial team within the company and have the opportunity to help define how we operate.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Work with PMs and designers to define constraints and architect elegant solutions to complex problems
- Identify best practices for architecture, performance, and drive adoption by mentoring other engineers
- Lead migration of our PHP monolith towards Go Microservices
- Work independently, planning, estimating, and prioritizing tasks, as well as proactively communicating updates to stakeholders
- Develop products that help students learn and graduate
Are you our next Senior Full-Stack Engineer?
- 5+ years developing and maintaining distributed systems
- 2+ years working with front-end technologies, including React
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Operational knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL / ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Typescript or Go a big plus
- An appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions
- Understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures