Course Hero is scaling! Course Hero's north star is to help every student graduate, confident and prepared. To achieve this objective, we need a Project Manager to join our Product team and take on complex, never-before-solved problems, get scrappy, and deliver amazing results. You will work directly within a product development team consisting of Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, and Designers to solve exciting problems for students across the globe. The role involves working with data of all kinds and in all capacities, collaborating closely with the product team and external vendors and contractors, and above all driving the creation of valuable tools that help students learn!
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Scrappily prioritize and solve impactful data problems using a data-driven mindset
- Take ownership and manage multiple annotation projects and their results
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative methods to build optimal processes to distribute, track and measure the success of work done by internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape, support, and execute product goals
- Plan annotation project deliverables and manage project timelines with feedback from engineering and product teams
- Provide feedback on tools and features needed to accomplish the work
- Understand complex labeling tasks and build comprehensive guidelines for outsourced workers that enable effective and accurate results
- Conduct industry research to understand best practices, relevant tools/services/technologies, and additional sources of valuable data
Are you our Project Manager?
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience and 1 year of experience managing data/annotation projects
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Solid grasp of SQL and Google Sheets/Excel
- Experience working with large, complex data sets spanning multiple domains and sources
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical principles and best practices (sample sizes, bias, regressions, etc.)
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to changing conditions and new information
- Experience directing the work of outsourced or vendor-managed workers
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Familiarity with AWS, Elasticsearch, or big data analysis tools
- Experience with scripting languages (R, Python, etc.) and data/statistics libraries
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos