Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Manager, People Operations to help scale our HR systems, policies and processes to provide a world class employee experience. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the People Operations function is strategic, innovative and data-driven allowing us to make smart people decisions across the organization. This role will be a part of the People Operations team and report to the Director of HR.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Optimize and maintain all people technology systems and tools for payroll/HRIS, onboarding, performance management and employee engagement. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, automation and data flow
- Oversee development and management of thoughtful, scalable, HR policies and processes that balance employee experience with legal requirements
- Maintain relationships with legal counsel to stay ahead of changes to applicable employment regulations and HR compliance laws
- Be a champion of our core values and integrate them into our day-today people decisions
- Manage compensation philosophy and structure in partnership with the Director of HR and CFO
- Work with our compensation consultant to ensure we have a fair, competitive and scalable system to support our business and employees
- Partner with benefits brokers/vendors to review, update and administer benefits policies and programs, ensuring programs are competitive and support employee needs
- Lead our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal counsel and our Recruiting team
- Provide operational support and partner with G&A functions (HR business partner team, Recruiting, Finance, Legal) to execute on all people-related programs including payroll management and processing, performance and compensation review, employee engagement, referral programs, stock refreshes, etc
- Develop and maintain a people analytics dashboard and provide reporting to key stakeholders; ensure HR data integrity.
- Manage and develop People Operations support staff
Are you our Senior Manager, People Operations?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related equivalent experience; PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification is a plus
- 10+ years of HR program management and operations experience in a high speed, high growth, technology-based environment
- 3+ years of management experience. Comfortable as a hands-on manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Experience supporting at least 300+ employees, across multiple offices is a plus
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures including compensation, benefits and immigration.
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling HR processes, operations and systems; ADP experience within the last 2 years
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Advanced project management skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once with competing priorities. Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused a must!
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of People Operations team. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization while maintaining flexibility
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page