Course Hero is scaling! Our people and culture are part of what makes us exceptional - and the numbers speak for themselves through our Glassdoor ratings and strong employee engagement scores. Our People Operations team works hard to help create a thoughtful environment and experience for our people so they can excel and be excited about the work they are doing everyday. It is our priority to maintain and grow our thriving culture as we continue to scale.
We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner who can strike the right balance between being a strategic partner and having a roll-up your sleeves attitude to support our leaders, teams and employees.. This person will be an effective coach and influencer who can build strong relationships and provide expert advice to help develop our talent and drive business objectives while helping maintain the strong culture we have built at Course Hero over the years. This role is part of the People Operations team and will report to the Director of HR. This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, CA.
Here are some ways you will make an impact!
- Partner with Business leaders on organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- With diversity and inclusion in mind, advise and support managers regarding talent development, engagement and succession planning while leveraging L&D programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g. performance management, rewards, separations, conflict management, change management, etc.)
- Be a champion of our core values and help managers integrate these behaviors into their day-to-day decisions
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the People Operations team and senior leadership
- Collaborate with People Operations and other HR Business Partners to create a strong, cross-functional team to solve business problems and execute on corporate-wide initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation, execution and success of People programs and initiatives as the business scales
- Analyze employee data, understand trends, and develop proactive solutions to further support business objectives
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic, future-focused hiring
Are you our Senior HRBP?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related equivalent experience
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
- 5+ years as HR Business Partner supporting client group
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas, especially employee relations, change management, coaching, counseling, and advising at all levels in the organization
- Strong consultative and analytical skills
- Strong Program and Project Management capabilities
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification
- Supporting Engineering client groups
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page