Course Hero is scaling!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help us build an end-to-end platform for scaling ML experiments, microservices deployment of ML models, and configuration management of ML models.
You’ll be a part of the ML Platform pod in the Machine Learning Products team at Course Hero and collaborate cross-functionally to ship intelligent products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. As a senior engineer, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Create and maintain scalable platforms for training, evaluating, deploying, and monitoring ML models.
- Automate various steps in ML workflow, starting from data collection to analysis to model training and deployment.
- Help build prototypes/web apps to rapidly experiment on various versions of ML algorithms
- Partner with machine learning engineers, data scientists, and product engineering teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer, ML Platform?
- You have 5 years of experience working as a software engineer, with 2-3 years on a Machine Learning focused product or infrastructure.
- You have solid programming skills in Python, Go, or Java.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases, RESTful APIs and microservice-based architectures.
- Knowledge of AWS ecosystem including ML frameworks like Sagemaker, Tensorflow.
- Experience with data pipelining frameworks like EMR Spark, Airflow, Kubeflow, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar orchestration and configuration management frameworks
- Extremely passionate about education
Nice to have:
- Exposure to a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) and/or experience working with ML teams in the past
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page