Course Hero is scaling! Are you looking to leverage your grammar and language skills to help students learn? Course Hero is looking for copy editors to review solutions for college students to ensure that the content is free of grammatical and style errors. Candidates must be self-starters with an outstanding work ethic and a positive attitude.
Note: Candidates based in the Philippines only. This is a full-time position in which you will be working remotely using Google Suite, the Course Hero website, and Slack.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Review and revise content for clarity, grammar, syntax, and compliance with Course Hero authoring guidelines
- Provide concise and constructive feedback to help Course Hero authors improve their writing style
- Meet project goals for throughput and accuracy to ensure that Course Hero content is published in a timely manner
- Work with the copyediting team to identify common error patterns and how to prevent them
- Work with the broader content development team to update and maintain the authoring guidelines and content development procedures as appropriate
Are you the next member of our editorial team?
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow directions carefully
- Strong work ethic and ability to stay focused on assigned tasks for long periods of time
- Experience with Chrome, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail), and messaging tools such as Slack
- Basic working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Ability to work remotely
- At least 2 years of professional proofreading or editing experience
- Technical or educational proofreading or editing experience
- STEM or Business courses in undergraduate college career
- Experience providing friendly and constructive feedback
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones who think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.