Course Hero is scaling! Our Vice President of Communications is a newly created role reporting to our EVP/Chief Brand Officer Harriet Seitler. This foundational role will be at the heart of telling stories of extraordinary students, teachers and tutors - and of Course Hero’s track record as an extraordinary business and place to work.
A massive opportunity exists to tell the Course Hero story and make it the go-to platform serving students, tutors and teachers to improve and empower their educational journeys. The goal is to help millions of students learn and graduate; help instructors extend the reach of their resources, and help tutors extend their skills and possibilities. You will build and execute a communications strategy that deepens and expands Course Hero’s brand values and strengths for each of these communities, as well as for schools, publishers, current and potential employees, media, investors and industry thought leaders.
In this role, you will collaborate with Brand Marketing strategic, creative and research leaders, design and content leadership. You’ll partner with all “bet” holders - student bet, content creator/tutor bet and educator bet - to drive positive awareness, create content, grow market share and help solidify Course Hero as a category leading brand. You will lead the expansion of Course Hero’s profile as THE destination that understands, celebrates, supports, advocates for, and helps students of all types -- while deepening the trust, understanding and ongoing relationship between Course Hero and each of its constituents.
You will build and develop the communications function. Through digital and social channels, events/conferences, public relations, influencer outreach, policy and advocacy outreach and partnership development, you will communicate the Course Hero story across all key audiences.
How you will make an impact!
- Develop the Course Hero core promises, evolving narrative and competitive positioning:
- Develop an internal and external market profile
- Lead internal/employee and external marketing communications including corporate communications, general market public relations, partnerships, social media/ media relations, policy/advocacy, and corporate social responsibility
- Oversee PR & events budgets. Lead as a key owner who, in collaboration with internal teams, is responsible for elevating strategy, hiring, management, execution and results
- This includes working with stakeholders and senior leadership to define go-to-market communications plans working with internal teams and building and scaling influencer networks
- Partner with senior leadership to understand our Course Hero consumers and collaborate with internal stakeholders to build best in class communications programs that support brand marketing opportunities, key annual goals, as well as policy, industry and recruitment branding
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to create a feedback loop, define goals and metrics to deepen customer trust and loyalty, and grow toward the most “trusted Learning Destination” brand plan
- Lead the communications strategy and activation of Course Hero’s brand promise. Collaborate with C level, senior leadership and key internal stakeholders on communications programs to support short and long-term business strategy
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the company’s corporate brand identity
- Select and manage outside agencies to plan, negotiate and monitor vendor performance
- Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Create truly integrated marketing campaigns that tie together content, social media, advertising, events, conferences and products to further define and amplify Course Hero’s brand value and leadership role
Are you our VP of Communications?
- 10+ years experience in world-class storytelling and communication roles
- “Hands on” work ethic and skills to be a prolific and fast narrative and content developer - write, edit and enhance
- Communicate complex information into easily consumed concepts
- Hire, build and manage a high-performing communications team with keen brand instincts and skills
- Develop narratives that effectively connect to technical, business, education, and student communities
- Architect and implement high impact, compelling PR and communications campaigns
- Engage and managing PR agencies
- Education as a former educator, professor, or university leader
- You have experience with B2C or marketplace communities
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures