Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented Event Operations Manager to help us build and engage a community of post-secondary educators who support Course Hero’s mission and platform. As an experienced event producer with a track record of success in a fast-paced work environment, you will manage small-to-large scale events, including conferences, group office visits, educator lectures, film production shoots, and corporate gatherings. You will also organize and manage our annual Education Summit, a flagship conference attracting prominent keynote speakers and hundreds of educators from post-secondary institutions around the country. You will partner with the Educator Partnerships team, Marketing team, People Operations team, TechOps team, and other stakeholders to ensure our events are successful, impactful, and cost-effective. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, entrepreneurial, strategic, and able to navigate various personalities and business unit dynamics.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You will plan, coordinate, and manage operations across all events, from start to finish, according to requirements, target audience, and objectives.
- You will manage operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently and successfully. You will establish, communicate, and maintain timelines and priorities across every project
- You will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone and email etiquette.
- You will support pre-event marketing and promotion initiatives, as well as lead post-event meetings and prepare relevant reports.
- You will source and manage supplier/vendor relationships, negotiate contracts, support invoice processing, and prepare budgets in collaboration with the Head of Events.
Are you our star Event Operations Manager?
- You have prior experience in an event producer or operations role, with at least three years of project management experience.
- You have a history of teamwork, cross-functional collaboration, and success in fast-paced work environments.
- You have strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- You are calm under pressure and have a capacity for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to achieve tangible results.
- You have comfort with the Google Suite or MS Office applications (extensive knowledge in Google Sheets or MS Excel a plus), Asana for team planning and reporting, and Slack for team communication.
- You can perform multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities and work assignments.
- You have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, and can travel to venue locations, as needed.
- You have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree. (BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred.)
- You have familiarity with event marketing strategies and tactics.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the challenges and opportunities in higher education and a passion for hybrid and collaborative pedagogical approaches.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred, but not required
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page