Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Product Designer, Visual Design to join the Growth team.
In this role, you produce visually gorgeous and engaging digital experiences that push the boundaries to create best-in-class products. You will work closely with a talented team of product & brand designers, engineers, and marketers to help elevate our brand and help our students graduate.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Work with product designers and product managers to deeply understand user problems and solve them with web, iOS, and Android products
- Collaborate with product designers to produce creative assets, and translate low-fidelity concepts to top-quality visual designs
- Enhance our visual language and help create our cohesive, scalable, and reproducible visual design system
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- Provide clear, candid feedback about designs, and care immensely about visual details and usability to help elevate design quality across the entire team
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer insights, and industry trends
- Stay continually updated on evolving design patterns for web, iOS, and Android apps, and leverage that knowledge to create modern designs
Are you our next Senior Product Designer, Visual Design?
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (graphic design, digital design, visual communications) or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a visual designer for digital experiences
- Impressive portfolio showcasing the visual designs for web, iOS, and Android projects
- Deep knowledge of universal design principles and a solid foundation in layout, typography, color, illustrations, and motion graphics
- Effective sketcher, communicator, and storyteller for design ideas
- Practiced negotiator - you can manage & meet deadlines in a strong team environment
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, FramerX, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, with additional experience using these tools in
- the context of a design system and helping others do the same
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive customer value & business results
- You have experience with video production and animations
- You love exploring visual formats, including comics, photography, print design, etc.
- You have a passion for designing the future of education
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page