We are looking for a Staff Machine Learning engineer to take ownership of the design, implementation, and production of Course Hero’s consumer-facing content recommendations platform, and work on a lot of fun and challenging projects that range from user representation, content modeling, and personalizing recommendations to our large community of students and educators. You’ll be a part of the Machine Learning Products team at Course Hero and collaborate cross-functionally to ship products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. You'll be a technical leader who provides mentorship to team members, drive execution on key projects and participate in the improvement of our software systems. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable AI/ML systems end-to-end and embrace full stack data science.
- You will design and develop recommender systems that scale to millions of users.
- You will work alongside experienced engineering, design, and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success.
- You will provide technical leadership to junior data scientists and machine learning engineers and guide their research and software development.
Are you our next Staff Machine Learning Engineer?
- You have 8+ years of experience building large-scale recommender systems by leveraging implicit and explicit user interaction data such as clicks, likes, ratings, and content attributes.
- You have experience using ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, SparkML, and Scikit-Learn.
- You have solid programming skills in Python, Go, Java or Scala.
- MS in machine learning, computer science, or information retrieval
Nice to have:
- You have a deep understanding of algorithms and evaluation methods used in production-grade content recommender systems.
- You are passionate about education.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page