Course Hero is scaling!
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun (and challenging) projects that range from document understanding, representation and tagging, semantic knowledge graph population, and content quality/fraud detection.
You will be a part of the Content Intelligence pod in the Machine Learning Products team at Course Hero and collaborate cross-functionally to ship products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. As a senior engineer, you will be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these linked videos to learn more about our engineering culture and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable AI/ML systems end-to-end and embrace full stack data science.
- You will design and develop machine learning and natural language processing techniques to understand our large document corpus (>30M), enrich it with semantic tags, and represent as a large knowledge graph.
- You will work alongside experienced engineering, design, and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success, to find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
- You will help engineers from other teams to understand and learn about machine learning and help Course Hero be a data driven company.
Are you our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer?
- You have 5 years of Machine Learning experience, preferably with a focus on natural language processing, computational linguistics, and knowledge representation.
- You have experience using ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, SpaCY, or Scikit-Learn.
- You have solid programming skills in Python, Go, or Java.
- You have experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
- Masters or PhD in machine learning, computer science, or computational linguistics.
- You have a deep understanding of algorithms and evaluation methods used in production-grade content/text understanding and representation systems.
- You are extremely passionate about education.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page