Course Hero is scaling! Help us define the future of the experience our tutors have when they help students get unstuck on our platform. As senior product designer, you will help lead our team to build best-in-class products and features that will enable us to scale up our tutoring community.
This role requires a full-stack designer with a focus on customer empathy and a track record of using customer information to build habit-forming loops. You are a dynamic, creative, hands-on leader with in-depth knowledge of how to drive engagement and reduce friction.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Increase the value that we deliver to our students and tutors by solving complex design challenges that facilitate answering questions online
- Partner with our User Research and Analytics & Data Science teams to understand tutors’ behavior, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Conduct user research and surveys to evaluate the current tutoring product
- Own the design process from beginning to end, from raw ideas to brainstorming sessions, whiteboard ideation to pixel-perfect asset creation
- Partner with product managers, engineers, AI experts, and other designers to shape the tutoring platform vision and take that into reality
- Work within an agile team to ship and iterate quickly. You'll mock up end-to-end user flows for MVP solutions and experiments as well as drive us towards long-term improvements
- Make our tutoring experiences as mobile-friendly as possible
- Develop our design culture by contributing to our design system and shared set of design principles
- Effectively collaborate with our operations and moderation team to understand the impact of features released for our tutors.
Are you our next Senior Product Designer, Tutor Experience?
- 5+ years of experience working as a product/UX designer
- 3+ years of visual design experience
- 3+ years of interaction design experience
- Track record of using design to produce measurable business results and considerable customer value
- Successfully launched habit-forming products that customers love
- Systems thinker and creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex design problems involving multiple personas
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, AI experts, analytics & data science teams, and more
- Experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration & radical candor
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in systems thinking, ideation, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design
- You love making a mark in the education industry
- You have experience working on multi-sided marketplaces, and/or you're passionate about the gig economy
- You have designed products powered by Machine Learning and AI
- You believe sriracha goes well with any meal
At Course Hero, we have an excellent team and truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling, and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefits to moving within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page