Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a driven Lead Product Manager to own the product roadmap for our tutoring platform on our Content team. You will primarily be in charge of optimizing the end-to-end tutoring platform and experience. You’ll help lead our efforts in crafting exciting new products and features that grow and scale our tutoring community.
You’ll use part strategy, part magic, with lots of experimentation and analysis. This is a role that requires business acumen, a focus on customer needs/ wants/ desires, and an obsession with data to build habit-forming loops, combined with myriad tactical wins to increase tutor retention, efficiency and quality. You will partner closely with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, data scientists and operations personnel to build and execute against your roadmap. You’ll also collaborate cross-functionally with other product teams to ensure your work is aligned with the rest of the company’s strategy and communicate updates with internal stakeholders.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Own the product strategy to revolutionize the experience for our tutoring community
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge your product’s performance. You’ll collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve your product
- Run experiments to understand how to improve your product and user flows, and drive growth for your key metrics
- Partner with UX Research, Design, Marketing, Data Science, Engineering, Operations, and AI to achieve our goals.
Are you our next Lead Product Manager for our Tutoring Platform?
- 4+ years working in B2C companies - ideally on Q&A, marketplace, aggregators or consumer web products.
- Demonstrated success delivering products in a fast-growing environment.
- Highly analytical and have experience running A/B tests. You use your strong SQL skills to dig through data to find key insights that will drive our business forward.
- You have successfully managed a team of engineers, designers and data scientists. Bonus if you’ve managed other PMs.
- Passionate about product and could talk endlessly about startup strategies and frameworks for decision-making.
- Confidence to lead with experience & intuition but validate through data-driven experimentation and user research.
- Excellent communicator. Your can drive product vision, execute a roadmap, and make decisions that win for your team.
- Supply side of marketplaces.
- Quantitative degree.
- Experience working with editorial workflows.
- Passion for evolving education to help students graduate.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page