Course Hero is scaling! We’re hiring a Director of Growth and Campus Operations to lead our Campus Operations team and strategically expand Course Hero’s on-campus presence across 4,000 universities and colleges nation-wide.
We know a stronger on-campus presence yields higher student engagement with Course Hero, which ultimately helps more students graduate, confident and prepared. Students finding success within Course Hero is a core driver of everything we do, making this a high-leverage and mission-critical role. You’ll be highly visible too, as you own the operations and execution of launching Course Hero systematically, campus-by-campus, across the country - similarly to how companies like Yelp, Lyft, Doordash (and so on) have launched in new cities.
You’ll also hire, lead and continue to define the strategy for our Campus Operations team. You’ll create a playbook to seed our target schools (four-year universities and community colleges), which will be our source-of-truth for the budget, our approach with on-campus teams, marketing events and plans, and more. All done with the goal of furthering our mission, and increasing Course Hero’s user penetration and revenue.
Excited? Intrigued? Keep reading!
Here are some ways you'll have an impact on our mission:
- Launch Course Hero across 4,000+ colleges and universities across the country, to drive user-generated content growth and increase our community of student, educator and administration subscribers.
- Hire a high-performance team of Community Managers, On-Campus Student Ambassadors, Agencies, and/or Contractors, to help you carry out your updated plans.
- Grow our launch teams into guerilla marketing and sales teams to continually strengthen and grow our student community, through events, promotions, communications, and support for other teams, including Educator Partnerships and Tutor Operations.
- Own an operational budget, and collaborate with the Analytics team to build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor performance.
- Partner with the Director of Product Marketing to build a playbook that creates a scalable operational process: defining the budget, the approach to on-campus teams and go-to-market launches, and plans for marketing programs, campaigns, and events.
- Leverage learnings to ultimately expand our on-campus efforts to the high school and international markets.
Here are some of the experiences and skills you’ll leverage in this role:
- 7+ years of strategic B2C growth and operational experience, preferably through a marketing lens.
- Knowledge of seeding marketplaces and building operational processes for repeatable product launches.
- Track record of hiring, managing, and scaling high-performance teams, including remote teams and agencies.
- Deep tactical experience with leveraging and optimizing different marketing distribution channels.
- Involvement with building and owning a multi-year budget, with responsibility for tracking and reporting KPIs.
- Data-driven and analytical mindset, balanced with a keen understanding for the markets you’re launching and a high-degree of empathy -- for your team and our users.
- Massive hustler, combining an entrepreneurial spirit with a get-it-done attitude.
- Demonstrated understanding of how (and when) to get buy-in and involve internal stakeholders in the operational process (including marketing, legal, finance, engineering, and more).
- Connection to education or education-technology
- Experience with user-generated content
- MBA degree
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Bay Area competitive salary and stock options.
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) program with generous company match to help you save for the future.
- Annual education reimbursement of $1500 to encourage continued learning.
- 16 weeks of paid maternity AND paternity leave.
- Inclusive team events and outings on a quarterly basis: cooking classes, team trips, sporting events, escape rooms, karaoke, pottery and paint classes, bowling, and much more!
- Catered weekly lunches, on-site cafe discount, and an endless snack and drink supply.
- Local move program: $10,000 for you to move within 10 miles of our office!
- Flexible office-hours and remote work policy to support work-personal life balance.
- Membership at onsite fitness club, with classes, pool, rockwall, and spa services.
- Monthly commuter benefits of $150, free shuttle service from Redwood City CalTrain and mobile phone allowance.
- Top-of-the line equipment, standing desks and anything you need for a productive and ergonmically sound workspace.
- 8 paid hours per quarter to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- Invites to our many onsite events, including our Master Educator lectures - check out our Lecture Series videos!