Course Hero is scaling! In this role, you will partner with development teams at Course Hero to develop tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to develop, test, debug, and release software quickly and confidently. We think of Tools & Productivity as a product team whose products (test automation infrastructure and developer tools) are used by internal customers in our development teams. Tools & Productivity engineers collaborate with development engineers to ultimately ship Course Hero’s products to our customer base of students and educators.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Lead or contribute to initiatives focused on solving complex technical challenges related to engineering productivity and agility
- Design and build efficient and reliable automated build, test, and release infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing, and maintainability
- Participate in software systems design to build-in testability
- Consult with development teams to establish testing best practices
Are you our Next Tools & Productivity Senior Software Engineer?
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Working knowledge of modern operating systems and networking
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD systems including tools like Jenkins and Git
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with a track record of delivery
- Familiarity with Agile philosophy such as Scrum
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with SonarQube
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page