Course Hero is scaling! You get to combine leadership, use technical insight, and embrace product design thinking. You’ll report to our Engineering Director and manage/mentor a team of software engineers. Working with our product, SEO analysts, and other engineering leaders, you will help us maximize not only productivity, but also engagement.
This is a high visibility and impact role as your work will have a direct impact on the company’s revenue. This role requires business acumen, a focus on SEO principles, and obsession with data to optimize organic search.
On the technical front, we are migrating our platform to microservices. Join our talented team to build modern apps using React and Go microservices. This is a unique opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Provide inspirational leadership for a team of talented SEO engineers
- Recruit, hire, and retain world-class engineering teams
- Solve business problems with appropriate technical solutions
- Partner with product and provide insight
- Ensure that development projects have sound technical architecture and make use of appropriate technologies
- Demonstrate grit and break down complex problems into actionable development plans
Are you our Engineering Manager?
- 5+ years leadership or management of a team of software engineers
- Hands-on experience in modern web applications development
- Passion for best software development practices
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to achieve big things
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the Lecture Series Videos