Course Hero is scaling! Engineering management is a multi-dimensional role at Course Hero, combining leadership, technical insight, product design thinking, and, above all, a desire to help others succeed. Reporting to an Engineering Director, you will manage a team of mobile software engineers. Working with our product, design, and other engineering leaders, you will help us maximize not only productivity, but also engagement.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a Mobile Development team (Android, iOS), with a focus on contributing to the development of our iOS app.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Provide inspirational leadership for a team of talented engineers
- Recruit, hire, and retain world-class engineering teams
- Have strategic influence over business objectives and metrics, and will provide guidance on the technical requirements needed to meet them.
- Ensure that development projects have sound technical architecture and make use of appropriate technologies
Are you our Senior Engineering Mobile Manager?
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management and at least 2 years developing native iOS applications (Swift or Objective-C)
- 2+ years managing engineering/mobile development teams
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams.
- A track record of building high quality native mobile applications (iOS or Android)
- Experience with React Native
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience developing on Android
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page