Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring a Senior SEO Strategist, who will play a key role on the SEO team and part of our growth strategy. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and data-driven to drive our SEO efforts. You will work with a dedicated engineering and AI resources to build solutions at scale. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business & SEO needs. If you enjoy the thrill of managing a site with over 100M indexed pages, increasing rank on hundreds of thousands of keywords and working on millions of pieces of new, unique and SEO-friendly content, this role is for you!
The Senior SEO Strategist will play a key role on the SEO team is a key part of our growth strategy as a company. We are a company that understands SEO, it’s in our DNA, and the way we communicate about growth. We are tackling SEO at scale- 100M+ indexed pages, 1B+ pageviews/year, 100M+ users/year, Alexa top ~200 US site.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Develop a strategic roadmap that will result in organic traffic growth
- Work with engineering counterparts to make sure strategic direction is being realized, i.e. answer clarifying questions, verify solutions meet the goals
- Define and regularly monitor KPIs, success metrics, and other analytics to gauge SEO health and understand organic search performance.
- Perform keyword research and search market analysis.
- Identify SEO best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives.
- Evaluate experimental results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Identify and analyze competitor techniques, as well as benchmark Course Hero’s performance against theirs.
- Gather and draw insights from data that can help define areas of SEO optimization.
- Collaborate with our analytics team and use data-driven approaches to help guide your decisions and continuously improve our SEO health.
Are you our Senior SEO Strategist?
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Managed large sites (over 10 million pages) with significant organic search traffic
- Understanding of web analytics, algorithm changes, and the nuances of links within the SEO ecosystem
- Track record of earned business wins through SEO
- Success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations and drive concrete action
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- Clearly articulate SEO ideas, strategies, and tactics to audiences with varying knowledge of SEO (novices to technical experts)
- Dealt with change, given your passion for innovation and creative problem solving ability
- Deep understanding of Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Familiar with tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, DeepCrawl, Botify, etc
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, eg. Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Familiar with SEO A/B testing
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out the videos on our LinkedIn Career Page