Course Hero is scaling! The Senior Software Engineer will design, implement, test and maintain CourseHero’s platform. You are able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and have excellent software engineering skills. You are able to work across multiple facets of the project and manage multiple responsibilities.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Course Hero’s platform components in the context of a multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7
- Take complete technical ownership of one or more closely related parts of the platform, and deliver tangible results with speed and quality
- Design and implement automated tests and new test frameworks when necessary
- Keep the platform running - troubleshoot and fix production issues, do root cause analysis, and take corrective actions
- Excited by the challenge of improving resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Learn and grow – expand your skills and responsibilities
Are you our Next Platform Senior Software Engineer?
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming
- Hands-on experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Working knowledge of modern operating systems and networking
- Proven skills in performance monitoring and scalability analysis
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page