Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring our Principal Site Reliability Engineer. Empathy fuels your passion to design and build large scale distributed systems to serve millions of customers.
You will have a deep impact on a wide variety of technology decisions spanning multiple projects. We are looking for an exceptional technologist who has in-depth knowledge in continuous delivery, distributed systems, big data platforms and has built highly scalable and reliable systems. Mentorship is a key characteristic of a successful Principal Engineer at Course Hero and you will have the opportunity to mentor early career and senior engineers on the path to making the best technical decisions.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Create strong practices around building scalable and resilient distributed microservices in cloud environments and value Observability as a first class principle
- Contribute solid and defensible opinions about code structure, object oriented design, and programming paradigms along with code reviews
- Provide technical leadership on tooling and services; open knowledge sharing with other team members and willingness to mentor team members
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies or services to continually maximize operations efficiency, reliability, performance and scalability
- Drive operational improvements and application design requirements back to your software engineering partners
- Monitor and detect issues using tools like Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, New Relic, Datadog, and PagerDuty
Are you our Principal Site Reliability Engineer?
- 8+ years of professional experience developing software, Go, Python, PHP and Java
- Understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, scalability and disaster recovery
- Expertise in working with container technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling and load balancing
- A robust Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails?” while designing
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in priorities and ability to deliver within constraints
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or STEM field
- Expert using AWS services such as, K8, ECS, SWF, SQS
- Support data engineering SQL and NoSQL data services
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. We have over 1 million visits to our site a day, and Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal! Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page