Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring our first Head of Events! You will lead the strategic planning and delivery of world-class conferences and experiential marketing opportunities that drive brand awareness, pipeline generation, post-secondary educator community growth, engagement, and content development. You will work across multiple levels of the organization, developing and overseeing our in-house and external conference strategy, ensuring that all events align to key audiences, themes, messages, and corporate goals. You are someone that has a track record of success in a fast-paced work environment and will manage and coach the team responsible for producing small to large events, including conferences, group office visits, launch parties, educator lectures, happy hours and corporate gatherings.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Develop and drive the strategy across a number of experiential efforts to increase educator community alignment, onboarding, and engagement
- Organize and manage our annual Education Summit, a flagship conference attracting prominent keynote speakers and hundreds of educators from post-secondary institutions around the country
- Report on team key performance and operational indicators to internal stakeholders
- Lead the development of event themes, agendas, session formats, speaker lineups, registration flows, goals and metrics, marketing strategy, and messaging
- Manage all on-site execution across staffing, registration, attendee experience, speaker and session scheduling, vendor management
- Develop and manage detailed and dynamic budgets across all activities. You will also source and manage supplier/vendor relationships, negotiate contracts, and support invoice processing
- Recruit, coach, and mentor a cross-functional team of educator community managers responsible for the operations, content, and promotion of events and experiential marketing opportunities
- Oversee employee onboarding and plan team career development opportunities
- Develop structures and processes to help scale the team and increase efficiencies by identifying opportunities to streamline workflows, remove obstacles, and encourage team members to do the same
- Partner with senior leadership, educator, marketing, people operations, TechOps team and other stakeholders to ensure our events are successful, impactful and cost-effective
- Foster a team spirit that allows for collaboration and cohesiveness, as well as a diversity of informed opinion and prompt conflict resolution
Are you our Star Head of Events?
- Primary owner of a conference or event producer role, with 3-5 years of project and team management experience
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and build out the programs while also bringing strategic insights and framework to the event portfolio
- Perform multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities and work assignments
- Calm under pressure and have a capacity for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to achieve tangible results
- History of teamwork, cross-functional collaboration, and success in fast-paced work environments
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and the Google Suite
- Interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, and can travel to venue locations, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree - PR, Marketing, Hospitality management preferred but flexible
- Manage film shoots (in a producer capacity)
- Event marketing strategies and tactics
- Education | Higher Education
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page