Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring a Head of International Expansion. This is a high impact role as you will be in charge of our Internationalization strategy and execution. Course Hero already has a starting place internationally and your goal is to accelerate that growth by understanding the different markets, deciding which ones we should pursue, and execute to that vision. Additionally, you own the company’s analyses of users, markets and competition internationally, lead product improvements, and develop Go to Market plans into a repeatable playbook. You get to work closely with many of our teams cross functionally - Product, Product Marketing, Analytics, User Research, Channel Marketing, Branding, Design etc.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Analyze international markets and decide which ones to tackle, in what order, and how
- Guide a Product team on the changes that need to be made to adapt it to the internationalization needs
- Lead our expansion determining where to open offices, opening them, and hiring their leadership and teams
- Champion localized Go to Market plans, as well as the construction of a repeatable seeding playbook
- Hire and manage regional teams to deliver against the roadmap
Are you our Head of International Expansion?
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience in B2C companies, working on internationalization of product, operations, and marketing
- Opened, managed and been responsible for the P&L of several international offices, with a proven track record of success
- Analyzed international markets, developed and executed marketing strategies to increase customers and revenue, both online and offline
- You have demonstrated experience and best practices on when and how to involve internal stakeholders into the expansion process (ops, legal, finance, engineering, etc.)
- You love traveling and frequently visiting your international offices, and talking with them from HQ. This position should be based primarily in Redwood City, but we are open to location
- You are extremely data-driven and analytical
- Content aggregator or marketplace company background
- Background in Product Management.
- Education or EdTech
- Marketing Communications
- International Law
- Speak several different languages and have lived in many countries
Why Course Hero?
Course Hero is one of very few hypergrowth unicorns in the Education Technology or Technology space.
In today’s competitive world, graduating is more important than ever. Unfortunately, it’s also harder than ever. Millions of students must navigate their way through college while holding 30+ hour per week jobs, raising families, and juggling other responsibilities. The road to graduation becomes a stressful, debt-ridden uphill battle — one in which 40% of college students never win. To us, that’s an epic fail.
Course Hero strives to solve this. It’s an online learning library of 30+ million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators, including practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations for every study subject — from economics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between.
The company is profitable, growing at break-neck speed in terms of revenue, profits, and team. We are building a world-class team to accelerate that growth. Are you in?
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page