Course Hero is scaling! The Staff Software Engineer is a player coach. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You enjoy applying technology to help solve real business problems and are comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of business applications.
You will work closely with the product team and other engineers to solve complex technical challenges as well as craft product features that our customers love. Ultimately, as an engineering leader, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact!
- Take complete technical ownership of a part of the platform, make architectural trade-offs, write code, and deliver with speed and quality
- Design, implement, test, and maintain multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7
- Keep the platform running by overseeing the management of production issues
- Be a technical leader within your team and mentor more junior members of the team
- Stay on top of evolving tools/technologies and design approaches and inform and educate other members of the engineering team
Are you our Staff Software Engineer - Platform
- 8+ years of full stack engineering with leadership and mentoring
- Modern engineering languages (Python, Go), microservices SOA architecture
- Hands-on experience developing and maintaining medium/large distributed systems
- Track record of root cause analysis and fixing scalability issues
- Mentor engineers and enjoy helping your teammates succeed
- Evaluate technical and business requirements and translate into technical designs and implementations
- Developed large systems with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- BS in CS
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page