Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring an experienced Director of Product Marketing and Strategy. This is a high visibility and impact role: you are in charge of our Go to Market (GTM) strategies to identify the right markets and seed them to reach critical mass. You will develop strategies to attract more educators and in launch new features. You define, hire, and grow our own Product Marketing team. You are analytical, manage markets and competition, and lead feature positioning and messaging with the Brand and Channel Distribution teams.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact!
- Review our Product Marketing objectives, strategy, scope, and structure, to determine the growth trajectory of our current Product Marketing team
- Recruit and hire a team of Product Marketing Managers to grow and impact the business
- Own the analysis of markets such as Higher Education, High Schools, or different Disciplines. You will define our positioning for each one of them, potential value proposition gaps, desired positioning and messaging, and GTM plans to reach critical mass
- Determine the tools that you and other teams need, and determine how the company should implement and maintain them
- Support GTMs for other teams and events, including feature launches and the Educator team
Are you our next Director of Product Marketing and Strategy?
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience in B2C companies, carrying out Total Addressable Market analyses, segmenting audiences, doing qualitative and quantitative user research, analyzing competitors, helping define product features, value propositions, positioning and messaging
- Proven track record of successful GTMs
- Deep tactical experience of different distribution channels and their nuances
- Knowledge in seeding marketplace or aggregator products
- Experience helping define tools needed for the successful execution of GTMs, such as ESPs, CRMs, CMSs, in-house tools, etc
- Hire and manage high-performing teams of several product marketing managers
- Drive to be extremely data-driven and analytical
- Collaborate with and understand the role of brand & design in product marketing
- Effectively use the power of persuasion and have applied it successfully in past initiatives
- Education Technology (EdTech)
- Product Management
- Marketing Communications
- User-generated content
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page