Course Hero is scaling! You get to build a team that defines the long term vision of how students learn on the Course Hero platform. You are a product design leader who helps us revolutionize the way we support our students as they master new topics and get unstuck on their path to graduation. You are a dynamic, creative, hands-on leader with deep knowledge of how to drive engagement and retention.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact!
- Increase the value that we deliver to our students and educators by leading complex design initiatives that facilitate mastery of concepts and courses
- Manage and mentor designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth
- Be the public face of the Course Hero design team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally
- Partner with our User Research and Analytics and Data Science teams to understand students’ study behavior, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs
- Lead our efforts to make our experience as mobile-friendly by contributing to our design system and shared set of design principles
- Define the long-term vision of our mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Hire and onboard new designers for our team, attracting top talent and managing performance to help us build a world-class design team
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to contribute to our vision, strategy, and roadmaps
Are you our next Director of Product Design?
- 3+ years of managing a design team in a high-growth start up
- 10+ years of leading individual contributor roles designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps
- Track record of using design to produce measurable business results and customer value
- Successfully launch habit-forming products that customers love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- Systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams and marketers.
- Experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- Excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration & radical candor
- Outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- Education focused
- Designed products powered by Machine Learning and AI
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page