Course Hero is scaling! We are hiring a senior engineering leader to help us build and grow our platform engineering team! You are a technically-engaged and enjoy hiring and mentoring a team. You are focused and helping us grow our customer base and content library. Your work encompasses aspects of search engine optimization (SEO), conversion rate optimization (CRO), and processing millions of our unique user-supplied documents!
Course Hero has grown into a platform of more than 10 million students and educators across the globe who are empowered to share and access educational resources every day. Our vision is a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. To accomplish this, we aim to build the optimal learning destination for every course.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact!
- Inspire technical leadership and mentorship for our amazing software engineers
- Recruit, hire and retain top-notch engineering managers and individual contributors
- Build and translate business objectives into actionable development plans
- Partner with product and provide insight on partnership opportunities
- Own and deliver development projects with solid and sound technical architecture
- Execute migration of our web monolith into a microservice platform
- Drive acceleration of product development through the use of delivery and health/evaluation metrics, monitoring, and KPIs
- Champion product quality and the role of automated testing
- Improve our technical brand internally and externally
Are you our Director of Engineering - Platform?
- 10+ years working in software product development, with an emphasis on developing and operating large distributed systems
- Exhibit strong entrepreneurial drive and desire
- Finely-tuned technical and architectural skills for software development
- Solid experience with microservices architecture
- Capable of building and managing teams of 15 or more engineers
- Cross-functional experience working with machine learning teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page