Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun and challenging projects that range from query understanding, click modeling, inferring user intent, semantic search, and personalizing content recommendations to our users. You’ll be a part of the Search Intelligence team in the AI Group at Course hero and will ship products that are used by millions of users. The key charter for AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at Course Hero in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. Check out these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission. You can also hear from Saurabh Khanwalkar, Director of Search Intelligence, on what we're looking for in this role.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll contribute to building Semantic Search capabilities ground-up using NLP, Deep Learning, and Learning-to-Rank techniques.
- You’ll improve the relevancy and functionality of our consumer-facing search and recommendations by combining the capabilities of Elastic search with the application of Machine Learning over our vast dataset.
- You’ll leverage ML, NLP and advanced IR techniques to help solve problems beyond user-facing search - these include question-answering, recommendations, natural language understanding, semantic query understanding applications.
Are you our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer?
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, information retrieval or other highly quantitative fields
- You have 3-5 years of relevant machine learning experience, preferably with a focus on Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, and Information Retrieval.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in Machine/Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, SparkML, and Scikit-Learn.
- You have past experience in building named-entity recognition, query expansion, recommenders, and relevancy ranking components from ground-up using machine learning.
- You have solid programming skills and are proficient in Python, Java or Scala.
- You are passionate about natural language processing and deep learning, and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
- You are extremely passionate about education.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office!
16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page