We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun and challenging projects that range from query understanding, click modeling, inferring user intent, semantic search, and personalizing content recommendations to our users. You’ll be a part of the Search Intelligence team in the AI Group at Course hero and will ship products that are used by millions of users. The key charter for AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at Course Hero in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. Check out these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission. You can also hear from Saurabh Khanwalkar, Director of Search Intelligence, on what we're looking for in this role.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll contribute to building Semantic Search capabilities ground-up using NLP, Deep Learning, and Learning-to-Rank techniques.
- You’ll improve the relevancy and functionality of our consumer-facing search and recommendations by combining the capabilities of Elasticsearch with the application of Machine Learning over our vast dataset.
- You’ll leverage ML, NLP and advanced IR techniques to help solve problems beyond user-facing search - these include question-answering, recommendations, natural language understanding, semantic query understanding applications.
Are you our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer?
- PhD or MS in machine learning, computer science, information retrieval or other highly quantitative fields
- You have 3-5 years of relevant machine learning experience, preferably with a focus on Natural Language Processing, Recommender Systems, and Information Retrieval.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in Machine/Deep Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, SparkML, and Scikit-Learn.
- You have past experience in building named-entity recognition, query expansion, recommenders, and relevancy ranking components from ground-up using machine learning.
- You have solid programming skills and are proficient in Python, Java or Scala.
- You are passionate about natural language processing and deep learning, and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
- You are extremely passionate about education.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Regularly planned team events and outings
- Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Course Hero envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Course Hero students can access over 25 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a really engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn!
We’re not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.