Course Hero is scaling! A Course Hero Software Engineer II is a strong developer who collaborates with team members, owns critical parts of the key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
You will demonstrate your engineering expertise and passion for applying technology to help solve real business problems as they happen. You should be comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and have a strong desire to work on a variety of business applications. Our engineers are versatile leaders who work enthusiastically to tackle new problems.
You'll work closely with the product team and other engineers to solve moderately complex technical challenges as well as craft product features that our customers love. Ultimately, as a Software Engineer II, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to major projects by applying established practices in design and development.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Review, understand, and discuss product requirements with the team and product managers
- Implement, test, and maintain sleek and powerful features
- Debug and fix production issues
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
Are you our Front End Software Engineer II?
- Experience using React.JS and Redux
- Knowledge of Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with responsive design and implementation
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in writing and in person
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Typescript
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page