Course Hero is looking for a senior data science leader to build and lead our Data Science and Analytics team as part of the Artificial Intelligence Group.
The charter for Data Science and Analytics team at Course Hero is to focus on supporting the business and product teams with planning, tracking, measuring and enabling data-driven insights to support key decisions at the execution level. The team will be building models and narratives around student and educator journeys, marginal value and utility, customer and asset LTVs, infer intents, behaviors, usage, trends, and economic demand curves powering content recommendations, pricing and other applied data science initiatives. This is a technically-engaged, high-visibility leadership position leading analytics for varied stakeholders across business, operations, products, marketing and engineering.
The key objective of the AI Group is to build the semantic knowledge graph at Course Hero in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. At the platform level, Course Hero is a two-sided network, with the supply side of the network economy focused on sourcing knowledge through the acquisition of course content and the demand side focusing on delivering value for students and educators.
The role reports into the VP of Artificial Intelligence.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll build a mission-driven, high-throughput data science and analytics org.
- You’ll establish data rigour, data integrity, accuracy, responsiveness and execution cadence across all data science and analytics programs supporting key initiatives in the org.
- You’ll partner closely with product leadership to provide strategic support during product-market fit analysis, competitor analysis, market gap analysis, MVPs and pivot analysis, A/B tests, product performance indicators, post-release adoption, and usage metrics.
- You’ll focus on building frameworks and tools to automate ad-hoc and post-hoc analysis requests.
- You’ll partner closely with growth leaders to develop growth models, channel strategy, conversion rate optimization, experimentation models, forecasting traffic and customer cohorts, enable clarity on inflection points in S-curves.
- You’ll partner closely with core experience leaders and help build customer journey analytics models, provide strategic insights on students and educators through cohort building, RFM analysis, customer incentive models and help provide insights on repeat/direct traffic.
- You’ll collaborate with Business Intelligence team to help build the right Dashboards, Business Scorecards and KPIs to track.
- You’ll help AI and ML engineering teams with exploratory data analysis for enabling semantic search, fraud analytics, spam detection models, document optimization and analysis to support applied machine learning across all product initiatives.
Are you our Sr. Director of Data Science and Analytics
- You have 12+ years of hands-on data science experience working ideally in a consumer marketplace.
- You have 6+ years of leadership experience in data science and analytics and have managed a team of high performing data scientist and analysts.
- You must be proficient in areas of statistics and probability, quantitative sciences, analytical skills, natural language processing, text mining, econometrics, distributed data processing.
- You are skilled in Predictive/Forecasting Modeling, Statistical Modeling, Data Mining, Numerical Simulation, Stochastic Modeling, Time Series, Portfolio Modeling.
- You have experience in B2C markets and quantitative modeling for B2C space is desired.
- You have a proven track record of delivering decision support models and quantitative analysis delivering actionable insights to business.
- You have exemplary communication skills and cross-team collaboration skills to ensure unstructured business needs are converted and prioritized to the right data analysis projects.
- You must be a strong hands-on data scientist and should be able to contribute as an individual contributor occasionally along with full-time team management responsibilities.
- You must be technically strong to inspire and lead senior level staff data scientists and data analysts.
- You have strong statistical knowledge and quantitative forecasting skills.
- You have strong technical skills in Python, SQL, Map/Reduce, RegEx, Linux scripting
- You have experience with big data platforms such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, and Pig.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Regularly planned team events and outings
- Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Course Hero envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Course Hero students can access over 25 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a really engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn!
We’re not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.