Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will provide mentorship for team members, drive key projects, and participate in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
The Educator and Student Experience team is responsible for the entire user experience after account creation (search and discovery, Q&A, study tools, document management, and more). Along with leading the effort to build out a vast majority of our front-end applications, this role would also include building out a React UI component framework that can be leveraged by the entire engineering organization.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the Course Hero platform
- Design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding or mentoring developers
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Mentor other engineers
Are you our Senior Software Engineer?
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and building dynamic production solutions
- 1+ years of experience using ReactJS and Redux
- Technical background coding web applications at scale
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Knowledge of Angular and jQuery, particularly Angular2
- Understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with responsive design and implementation
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to manage shifting priorities
- An appreciation for statistical analysis and the power of data-driven decisions
- The ability to formulate articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution
- A deep sense of product ownership
- Direct experience with any of the following: PHP, Symfony, Scrum, mobile application development or developing large software systems
- Previous work experience at a startup or consumer Internet company
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office!
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page