We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As our Staff Ranking (ML) Engineer for Coupang Media Group, Online Marketing Platform team, you will be responsible for developing, designing machine learning models, optimization algorithms and new product features for our promotion and advertising platform.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly to over 10,000 active advertisers and 150M daily ad impressions in only 5 months’ time. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our e-commerce website. The Online Marketing Platform (OMP) team is a new initiative within CMG to design and deliver the first-in-class promotion experience for all Coupang customers and vendors.
This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack engineering teams to handle large scale problems. We are in the growth phase of the organization, so you’ll be a part of managing the transition from growth phase to enterprise processes.
What You Will do:
- Design features and build large-scale machine learning models and systems to improve product targeting, relevance, ranking, and engagement
- Develop new techniques for providing suggestions for Coupang suppliers and sellers to identify opportunities in the marketplace and improve their return on investments.
- Architect our machine learning platform at internet scale
- Effectively lead projects across teams and mentor the junior developers
- Work with product and sales teams to design and implement new product features
- 8+ years of industry software engineering experience in machine learning, statistics, information retrieval
- Deep knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modeling
- Excellent communicator, both to technical and business audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.