We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The FinTech business of Coupang consists of Payments services that are provided by Coupang Pay and Lending services that are provided by Coupang FInancial. Our vision is to enable our customers, both consumers and merchants, to do much more with their money. Our proprietary payments service, provides our 10M+ customers with convenient ways to pay for their purchases on Coupang’s platforms. We are reimagining how financial services works for our customers and plan to aggressively expand into new product segments in the near future.
Our FinTech Design team based in Seoul is at the forefront of designing and managing the user experience of our products and wowing our customers every day. We are looking for a seasoned design leader who has a passion to “Wow” customers and a track-record of delivering transformative customer experiences at scale in a consumer Tech company. Direct experience in creating and scaling financial products (lending and/or payments) would be a huge plus.
The Head of Design & User Experience, Fintech will be a core member of the FinTech leadership team and will be responsible for building and delivering a best-in-class customer experience for Coupang’s FinTech offerings.
What You Will Do
- Define the Design vision & UX strategy for Coupang’s Fintech business;
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders (executives, product, engineering, risk, business operations and legal/compliance) to create alignment and drive prioritization in order to provide a “Wow” experience to our customers
- Execute all stages of product design from concept to execution, with the willingness and ability to be hands-on as needed. This includes creating mocks, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, presentations, processes, and framework;
- Identify critical design problems and devise solutions that scale elegantly;
- Manage customer research activities across a variety of channels to better understand customer needs/preferences and their experience with our products
- Manage, develop and rapidly grow a high performing team of designers/researchers to create new products/features and optimize existing products/features overseeing all aspects of the design lifecycle;
- Recruit, interview and hire best in class designers, and actively raise the bar as we rapidly scale;
- Introduce ways to integrate design thinking into the overall process and culture;
- Be an active mentor and a leader, including leadership of design critiques, reviews, and planning;
- Be an advocate for the Customer at every opportunity.
- Successful track record (10+ years) of experience delivering high quality designs and 3+ years of managerial experience, preferably for a Tier 1 Fintech or internet company.
- Track record of managing high performing product design teams working in an agile environment with a rapid iteration cadence;
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation of UX design/ interaction design/product design including user research;
- Track record of using data and quantitative research methodologies to inform decision making across the entire product design process/lifecycle;
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product owners, data science and engineering teams to develop strategy and rationale for features;
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to inspire the team, provide clear direction and drive alignment;
- An enthusiastic leader ready to take Coupang’s Fintech product experiences and services to the next level.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, Ethnography or equivalent practical experience;
- Understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model is preferred;
- Domain experience in consumer lending and/or merchant lending is preferred;
- Excellent Korean written and verbal communication
- Business level English written and verbal communication
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.